- Who can apply?
- What documents do I need to apply?
- When can I apply?
- How do we select the right candidates?
- Can I repeat my application?
- Online application
- Contact person
We are looking for students with a high level of initiative and team spirit, who are eager to acquire advanced knowledge and skills in business administration. Any student with a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, or a related discipline can apply. Furthermore you have to be fluent in German and English (both written and spoken.
- A filled-out and signed application form (to be filled in under 6.);
- Your CV;
- A copy of the certificate of your Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent degree programme), in Business Administration, Economics, or a related discipline. Bachelor’s degrees need to have 180 ECTS points, including 15 ECTS points in basic business administration and 15 ECTS points in economics. If the final degree certificate is not yet available, you will have to submit a transcript of records with a minimum of 140 ECTS points validated;
- A letter of recommendation from a member of staff at your home university. The letter must indicate your qualifications and achievements in relation to your peers;
- Non–native-German speakers will need proof of German language proficiency (DSH 2 or equivalent) as well as written proof of university admission in order to obtain health insurance, to register your place of residence, and for other administrative services. During the period of university enrolment (“Immatrikulation”), citizens of EU countries applying for admission to fields of study without restricted admission may come personally to the International Office of Ludwig-Maximilians University, bringing all necessary application documentation, and be admitted and enrolled simultaneously and immediately. However, we strongly recommend that you first come to the International Office prior to May 15, so that we can review all your application documents and, if necessary, issue an invitation for the German language proficiency examination. In this way you can avoid being denied admission due to missing or incorrect documentation. You will need to present the following documents when enrolling:
- A valid passport or identity card;
- If applicable, a marriage certificate or official name-change document;
- Proof of health insurance or a waiver document (please see our website information on insurance);
- (for applicants who have not yet graduated from their first degree) Documentation of your undergraduate studies and results attained so far (this may be provided as a combination of documents). These must be provided in the original language of your home country together with an official German translation (n.b. documents in English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, Icelandic, Italian, Norwegian, Spanish, Portuguese, Romanian, Swedish or Latin need not be translated);
- (for applicants who have already graduated from their first degree) Original copies of all prior university graduation certificates, diplomas, and qualifying examination certificates;
- Proof of any prior study at a German university or a university in your home country;
- The withdrawal (Exmatrikulation) stamp or certificate in your matriculation book (Studienbuch) from the German university you last attended.
- Non–Native-English Speakers will also need to provide proof of English language proficiency if your first university degree was not conducted in English. We accept TOEFL internet-based min. 100 points; TOEFL computer-based min. 250 points; TOEFL paper-based min. 600 points; or IELTS min 7.5.
For more information on TOEFL see: http://www.ets.org/.
For IELTS see: http://www.ielts.org/;
- Proof of a successful GMAT test (min. 600 points).
Information on GMAT: http://www.gmac.com.
If you do not have a GMAT score equal to or greater than 600 points, you will have an opportunity to take a written test at the Faculty of Business Administration at LMU in Munich. If you pass this test the GMAT requirement will be waived. More information can be downloaded here.
The programme starts every winter semester. Application deadline is May 15.
Selection is based on personal interviews. All eligible candidates will be invited to an interview in Munich. Candidates will receive invitations to the interview two weeks in advance.
We will inform you on the result of your interview by post.
Please note: if you do not show up to your scheduled interview without having given written notice of a valid reason for nonattendance, you will be automatically excluded from the programme.
If you are not accepted onto the programme, you can repeat your application once. Further applications are not possible.
After having submitted the filled in online form you will receive an e-mail. Please print the e-mail, sign it, and post it together with the requested documents to the address indicated.
Mrs. Dr. Karin Stenke
International Relations office
Fakultät für Betriebswirtschaft / Munich School of Management
Ludwigstr. 28 / room 13
Tel. +49 (0) 89 2180 2234
Disclaimer: Only complete and fully documented applications will be considered by the faculty admissions committee.