Health Care Management
The cluster Health Care Management includes the Institute of Health Economics & Health Care Management and the Department of Health Services Management.
The healthcare sector is one of the most important industries and one of the biggest employers in our economy. Long-term trends in the development of medical technologies, demands for enhanced performance and available financing options increase the need for efficiency improvements in the provision and consumption of health services.
The cluster Health Care Management offers courses in the following areas:
- Health system organization and management
- Technology assessment and management
- Innovation and healthcare management
- Quality of life, utilization of health care, cost and efficiency of therapies for patients with chronic conditions
- Approaches to improve healthcare management including personalized medicine
- Regional health services research
- Quality management in outpatient, inpatient and intersectoral care
Our teaching is grounded in theory and practice-oriented. Our empirical and decision-relevant research is primarily concerned with business, health economic and management objectives and methods. In our research projects we cooperate with the Helmholz Zentrum München, the German Research Center for Environmental Health and other actors in the healthcare sector. As a part of the Munich Center of Health Services we also contribute to the interdisciplinary, cross-faculty research focus of the LMU.